Unfortunately thousands of car accidents happen every year in the Austin area. That may be why car accident claims and lawsuits are some of the most common civil tort cases filed by Texas attorneys today.
Austin Car Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one was in a car accident that was someone else’s fault, you may be looking for answers.
- Will the settlement my insurance company is offering be enough to cover all my medical expenses and lost wages?
- If I don’t accept a settlement right away, will the offer be revoked?
- Should I hire a personal injury lawyer to settle my case, how much will it cost, and how do I choose one?
Getting a case evaluation as soon as possible is the best way to move forward after a car accident case. Along with seeking medical attention, retaining a lawyer for representation is one of the best things you can do to secure a full recovery.
7 Reasons to Have McMinn Law Firm on Your Side After a Car Crash
- We’re your advocate every step of the way. We’ll always be on your side.
- All consultations are completely free.
- Your complete recovery is our number one goal.
- We take the stress out of working with the insurance company so you can focus on recovery.
- We work on a contingency fee basis – that means we pay all upfront costs. We don’t get paid until you do.
- Our staff is incredibly thorough and committed to our clients
- In almost every case, lawyers secure larger settlements than when individuals go it alone.
Our compassionate attorneys work to understand the individual needs of each client. We are determined and aggressive when negotiating with the insurance companies, and if need be, we are prepared to take your case to court. Call us at 512-474-0222 or email us at email@example.com for a free consultation today.
I highly recommend that you contact them if you're injured in a wreck!Read more...
Am thankful for Justin and Jason and their teamRead more...
I am happy with the outcome and highly recommend both Jason and Justin.Read more...
They have been patient and understanding the entire time and fought to get me what I am owed.Read more...
They really made things easier for me.Read more...
Always responsive and went beyond expectations on all communications.Read more...
It felt great knowing that everything would be handled and all I had to do was focus on getting well.Read more...
These guys will work hard for you.Read more...
I ended up with a great settlement- more than I ever expected. These guys are a delight to work with!Read more...
The settlement I received was larger than expected and allowed me to plan for my future needs.Read more...
Answers to Your Car Accident Case Questions from McMinn Attorneys
These are some of the most common questions we get from clients that reach out to us. If you’re wondering whether you have a case, where to seek medical treatment, and how much your case is worth, you’ve come to the right place. The best way to get a straightforward answer is to reach out to local personal injury attorneys.
Understanding Auto Accidents and Tort Law
- What is personal injury law? Personal injury law is an area of law that provides compensation for victims of physical injury or emotional distress. In personal injury law, the harm is caused to the victim by another’s negligence.In one word, negligence can be described as carelessness. Proving negligence is an important part of tort law. If you are interested in learning more, visit our resource on negligence, gross negligence, and tort law.
- How much is my car accident case worth?
The amount of an auto accident case depends on many factors. Those can include the severity of the injuries, the degree of negligence by the other party, and damage caps in Texas. A severe injury including permanent disability or whiplash that leaves a person needing spinal surgery has a larger case value than an accident with minor injuries.No two cases are the same. The best way to find out more about the value of your car accident case is to reach out to local legal counsel in Austin.
- How do I find the best auto accident lawyers? How do you know if you can really trust the attorney you’ve contacted for a consultation? Looking at client reviews and checking for disciplinary actions from the state board are two ways you can begin your search. We have more suggestions here on how you can find the best car accident lawyers for your case.
- What are common car accident injuries and where should I treat them? No car accident or injury is the same, but whiplash, brain, and spine injury are all common injuries after a vehicle collision. You may choose to visit your family practice doctor first who may refer you to a specialist. You may choose to ask your personal injury attorney if they know of a doctor other clients have used.
Moving Forward After a Vehicle Collision
Knowing what to do immediately following a crash isn’t always obvious.
I was in a car accident, now what?
If you have ever been in a car accident, you know there’s nothing convenient about it. Besides the pain you’re in, you have no way to get around and you’re not sure what to do next. It’s normal to wonder whether or not you should talk to the insurance adjuster, or if you did the right thing at the scene of the accident.
Reading this post will help you understand what to do after a car accident. Accidents happen, even to careful drivers. Unfortunately defensive driving sometimes isn’t enough.
Remember: keep calm. Take a big breath and move through these tips to prepare yourself to handle the stressful aftermath of a crash.
Assess the impact of the crash
After a car accident, seek medical attention immediately and enlist help to take care of business. Call 911 or 311 for emergency assistance.
Automobile Accident Reports
Without an official police report of the car accident, the other party may attempt to deny fault. Read a first-hand experience of a McMinn Law Firm team member’s decision to call the police for a report. In her story, even in a minor crash it is best to call 311 for help.
Last year when I was in an accident that was clearly at the fault of the other driver. There were no injuries, but I called to report the accident with the police anyway. The officer cited the other driver for failure to yield to right of way. But what followed was a typical no-admittance policy from the other insurance company. I waited for three weeks to get a rental car. Even though the other driver had been issued a ticket, I had to wait for the city to send an official record of the crash before the other insurance company would accept fault for the crash. I was so glad that I had an official police report to fall back on as evidence. Without it, I would have been stuck paying the deductible and having it repaired through my own insurance.
Document the crash
Any documentation will help in a claims process and settling your case.
In Texas, the key information to share includes:
- Name, address and contact details
- Driver license number
- License plate number of the vehicles involved
- Auto insurance information for the motorists involved
Although the driver is not legally required to show you their driver’s license, they may be able to dispute involvement in the car accident later on. If you encounter a motorist who refuses to provide any of this information, you may want to call the police or take a photo of the individual.
Read over McMinn Law Firm’s checklist on documenting your case the smart way. Be prepared so you don’t panic when a crash happens.
See if your car insurance company offers a smartphone app to help document cases. Otherwise you may check out WreckCheck, a free app by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, where you can document your case.
Causes of Car Accidents in Austin and Statistics
With a state as big as Texas it’s no wonder that the state has one of the highest traffic fatality rates. But the crash death rate is bigger than the big population should suggest. For better or worse, if you’re dealing with the aftermath of a car crash you aren’t alone. Negligent driving habits like distracted driving are common in Texas.
Facts about Texas car crashes:
- 499 fatal car crashes were caused by drivers who were under the influence of alcohol.
- Speeding caused 250 fatal crashes and 511 possible injury crashes.
- Distracted driving caused 4,935 crashes in Travis county in 2015.
- 42 lives were claimed because of DUI caused car accidents in Travis County (2015).
McMinn Law Firm: Your Local Car Accident Lawyers
Jason McMinn and Justin McMinn are trusted, award winning car crash lawyers in Austin, Texas. As principle attorneys at McMinn Law Firm, Jason and Justin have successfully settled a wide range of auto crash cases. See some examples of case settlements here.
If you have a case that doesn’t match any of the descriptions on this page, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We are happy to help you with a free case consultation.
The Mcminn Law Firm has been handling my case since May 2014. I was hit by a driver who ran a red light and injured my back pretty badly. Today we settled with a notoriously horrible insurance company and Jason Mcminn got me the settlement I deserved after all of this headache. Their staff is incredibly thorough and they are committed to their clients. I would recommend them to anyone for personal injury! Best Lawfirm in Austin!
– Selenia | Reviewed McMinn Law Firm
See what clients are saying about the McMinn Law Firm car accident attorneys on our reviews page.