Choosing McMinn Law Firm means a trusted Austin personal injury lawyer on your side fighting for the compensation you deserve.
Considering hiring a car accident lawyer or a personal injury attorney? Brothers Jason McMinn and Justin McMinn practice personal injury law for one purpose: to fight for the recovery and compensation our injured clients and their families deserve.
What should you do after suffering serious injury from a car accident, motorcycle crash, dog bite debilitating personal injury, or wrongful death?
As accident lawyers and injury attorneys for more than 10 years in Austin, we’ve got your answers. If you’ve been been injured at the fault of someone else, you may be wondering what’s next. What options do you have? Do you have a case?
Your next best step: Contact us for a free case evaluation.
With no cost or risk to you we can give you personalized advice. McMinn Law Firm’s injury lawyers have the expertise needed to help you with the overwhelming work of dealing with insurance companies, lost wages, and many other difficult challenges after an injury – so you can focus on getting better.
In all cases, we want to ease your difficulties by being here to answer your questions.
Former clients have suffered the losses of life-altering injuries -including wrongful death, serious brain injury and dog bites, motorcycle and boat wrecks, and by auto accidents caused by drunk drivers.
Positive Client Reviews
“We were all awarded way more than we thought we would each get with their help and persistence. I have many friends who never looked for legal help after their accidents, or dealt with bad lawyers, but I cannot say the same. My experience was amazing. I highly recommend!” – Aaliyah | Reviewed McMinn Law Firm in 2017
Our client Rick wrote a review on Google after he endured PTSD caused by a serious car accident caused by a drunk driver. Jason McMinn and Justin McMinn worked hard on the case to fight for a settlement that would cover all of his current medical expenses as well as any future medical expenses.
“To them its not just about the settlement amounts they help get awarded to their clients, rather they honestly care about their health and well being first and foremost. Anyone needing an attorney that will listen, care about your well being and work hard to ensure your needs will be met need look no further than the McMinn Law Firm.” – Rick | Reviewed McMinn Law Firm in 2017
Do’s and Don’ts for Personal Injury Case Clients:
- Do keep a journal of how the injury has impacted your life, including resulting limitations and changes.
- Do take photos and videos of your injury when it happens, and each day going forward.
- Do keep medical bills and receipts, medical records, and detailed notes of visits with medical professionals.
- Do document all interactions with insurance companies, and seek a lawyer’s advice before accepting a settlement offer.
- Do insist on a police report if you are injured in a crash or as a result of criminal activity.
- Don’t delay getting medical treatment. If you wait, insurance and other parties can argue your injuries were the result of something that happened after the car accident or personal injury event from which you may be eligible for compensation.
- Don’t let your social media posts damage your injury case. Don’t post venting rants about your accident. Do take photos of your injury but don’t post those photos online anywhere. Be very careful about what you post; read more about personal injury social media guidelines .
Featured Verdicts & Settlements
Travis County Jury Awards $462,624 to Victim of Intoxicated and Underinsured Driver
A McMinn Law Firm client was awarded one of the largest UIM (underinsured / uninsured motorist) coverage awards in Travis County.
Read more about this winning trial verdict here.
Dog Bite Trial: McMinn Wins For Client
Animal attack trial held in Williamson County, TX. Jury awards damages and punitive damages to victim.
I think the verdict speaks volumes for what the Williamson County Citizens feel about feeling safe in their backyard. It also sends a clear message that pet owners need to take responsibility when they know they have a dangerous animal and it has previously bitten someone. -Jason McMinn, Austin Personal Injury Lawyer
McMinn Law Firm client, from Georgetown, TX, was bitten by a Border Collie when the dog jumped over a fence between them to attack and cause serious injury.
McMinn Awarded “Top Settlement in Texas”
Attorneys Jason McMinn and Justin McMinn were recognized with the honor of “Top Settlement in Texas” for the year 2016. The attorneys worked tirelessly for their client, a very young girl who was backed into and severely injured in the parking lot of her apartment complex by a commercial vehicle. Read more about the award here.
Law Firm Seeks Justice for Semi-Truck Accident Victim
A client needed help after a tragic trucking rollover crash two years ago. Jason McMinn worked hard to get her the justice she deserves after a serious crash caused by an 18-wheeler commercial vehicle.
- New $2,030,000 Settlement; Automobile Accident
- Car illegally turning left crashed in to oncoming vehicles; victim suffered permanent disability. Award resulted in $1,319,500 to accident victim for losses.
- $2.2 Million Recovered In Semi-Truck Crash
- Truck hit family van traveling to vacation. Award resulted in $1,452,000 to the family members for medical and other expenses and losses.
- $2,505,000 Recovered; Lawnmower Accident
- Austin-area child seriously injured in lawnmower incident. Settlement resulted in $1,653,300 to our client.
- $1,080,000 Recovered; Car Underrode Truck Trailer
- On behalf of the deceased’s estate, represented spouse in negotiation of settlement providing $702,000 to the estate and family.
- $1,950,000 Settlement; Semi-Truck & Bucket Truck Crash
- Austin man repairing traffic light from bucket truck suffered life-altering spinal injuries. Recovery provided $1,025,000 to client.
- $645,000 Settlement; Commercial Van Runs Over Child
- $425,000 to victim / family after service van hit young Travis County girl in a parking lot.
- $341,250 To Our Client; Hit by a Drunk Driver
- Austin man suffered back injury in crash involving intoxicated driver.
- $107,250 recovered for Austin man suffering a back injury
- $763,750 to our client suffering a brain injury
- Lawsuit against two Sixth Street Bars filed on behalf of our client.
- $1,267,500 recovered for client suffering a spinal injury
Jump to Settlements & Verdicts main page
We’ve helped hundreds of people in and around Austin negotiate the legal processes that determine the financial settlements clients rely on to pay for medical bills, lost wages, and other losses.
No Out-of-Pocket Legal Fees Ever.
We’ll evaluate your situation at absolutely no risk or fee to you and help you sort out options. If the evaluation leads to us handling your case, there still are no out-of-pocket legal fees. There are no legal fees unless you receive money as a result of our work on your case. Should our fighting for you be successful and you do receive a financial settlement award, our fees are a percent we’ve all agreed to ahead of time.
Jason and Justin McMinn’s records of trial results, client satisfaction and leadership achievements earned them recognition in the highly-selective National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers for 2016 publication.
What Does A Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
Once we’re retained as your lawyer, we take over the heavy lifting of proving the impact of your injury, including dealing with all insurance company contacts and negotiations, and with the other parties in your case. During the legal process, our we stand up for your rights, delving into all the possible causes of your injury and helping to bring the guilty party to justice.
No matter what kind of accident or injury you or a loved one has suffered, you’re not alone. Recovery of your health, settlements, reimbursements, and lost wages often is too much all at the same time for an injury victim or the victim’s family to shoulder on your own.
Our lawyers and legal staff have helped hundreds of people who’ve suffered serious injuries. Retaining the McMinn Law Firm means recognized, top-notch representation for your personal injury case.
Let us – at no cost to you – evaluate your situation so you can be sure.
After A Serious Injury or Accident, We Want You To Focus on Your Medical Recovery.
Whether you’re not sure how to deal with overwhelming medical costs and income lost after a serious injury, or focused more on understanding legal fees and what to expect, contacting us is a great next step.
We take many kinds of cases, from 18-wheeler crashes, to traffic accidents at Austin’s most dangerous intersections, to pedestrian fatality car crashes, to car accidents during Uber / Lyft – style ride-service trips. We also represent victims of many types of personal injury cases, from nightclub injury to nail salon cases, including wrongful death cases.
We primarily serve clients in Austin, Texas and the surrounding areas. Also, we welcome inquiries outside of the area because we are committed to representing the people of Central Texas. We encourage open communication to help you get through this difficult time.
Our Austin personal injury firm files lawsuits, negotiates settlements, and aggressively argues in trial for verdicts.
Contact the McMinn Law Firm today to schedule a free initial consultation that can provide you with the knowledge to make an informed decision about how to proceed. We’re available by telephone or contact us through live chat or our online form.