Austin, TX Jury Awards $462,624 To Victim of Intoxicated and Underinsured Driver
A Travis County jury awarded $462,624 to a McMinn Law Firm client who suffered serious injuries at the hands of a drunk driver who was underinsured. This verdict is one of the largest uninsured / underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage awards in Travis County.
Jason McMinn and Heather McMinn are the personal injury lawyers who led the charge. The defendant, Farmers, was our client’s UM / UIM carrier. Farmers offered $25,000 to settle at mediation and $75,000 a few days before trial.
Music in video by bensound.com
This verdict first and foremost provides needed compensation for our client.
Also, this award speaks to how the Austin community believes insurance carriers must honor their contracts with their policyholders.
Jason McMinn | Austin Car Accident Attorney
Austin Personal Injury Client Case Results Continued
We deliver a quality service to clients by looking at all aspects of representation. A track record of positive verdicts and settlements demonstrate an extensive knowledge of personal injury law.
Dog Bite Trial: McMinn Wins for Client
Jury Awards Maximum Damages and Punitive Damages to Victim
McMinn Law Firm client, from Georgetown, TX, was bitten by a Border Collie when the dog jumped over a fence between them to attack and cause serious injury.
I think the verdict speaks volumes for what the Williamson County Citizens feel about feeling safe in their backyard. It also sends a clear message that pet owners need to take responsibility when they know they have a dangerous animal and it has previously bitten someone.
-Jason McMinn | Austin Personal Injury Lawyer
Semi-Truck Accident: McMinn Wins for client
2014 Semi-Truck Crash Justice for Client
A client needed help after a tragic trucking rollover collision two years ago. Our McMinn Law Firm team joined forces with personal injury lawyer, Adam Loewy, to get the justice she deserves.
Attorney Jason McMinn pictured with the client and Adam Loewy.
$2,030,000 Settlement; Automobile Accident
Car illegally turning left crashed into oncoming vehicles; victim suffered permanent disability.
Award resulted in $1,319,500 to accident victim for losses.
$2,200,000 Recovered; Semi Truck Crash
Three Austin family members seriously hurt in head-on crash as they headed to a winter vacation.
Intoxicated driver of commercial semi-truck veered into van after falling asleep at the wheel.
Award resulted in $1,452,000 to the family for medical and other expenses and losses.
$2,505,000 Recovered; Lawnmower Accident
Young Austin-area child suffered severe and life-altering injuries in a lawnmower accident.
Attorney Jason McMinn negotiated the compensation, resulting in $1,653,300 to our client for medical and other expenses and losses.
$1,080,000 Recovered; Car Underrode Truck Trailer
Deceased’s vehicle underrode a commercial truck’s trailer blocking his lane on the highway.
Jason McMinn represented the deceased’s spouse, on behalf of the estate, negotiating the $1.8 million settlement, providing $702,000 to the deceased’s family and estate.
$1,950,000 Settlement; Semi-Truck & Bucket Truck Crash
Austin man hit by 18-wheeler truck driving in the wrong lane; the truck crushed his bucket truck, which he was using to repair a traffic light. He suffered from spinal injuries.
After exposing the poor safety history of the trucking company, McMinn Law Firm negotiated the $1,950,000 settlement, for a client recovery of $1,025,000.
$645,000 Recovery; Commercial Van Runs Over Child
Subsequent to a mobile glass repair company van hitting a young girl in a Travis County parking lot, her family engaged McMinn Law Firm to help them fight for compensation for medical expenses and other losses.
The settlement awarded $425,700 for the victim / family.
$475,000 Settlement; Austin Commercial Truck Accident
A Pflugerville woman was struck by a commercial truck that made an unsafe lane change. The commercial truck’s operator had multiple previous traffic violations. The Pflugerville crash victim suffered a back injury and underwent spinal discectomy surgery.
McMinn Law team secured $306,344 to the client in Oct 2016.
At McMinn Law Firm, Every Recovery Matters.
We understand the difference that fair verdicts and settlements can make to our clients and their families. McMinn Law Firm represents a broad range of cases, from very visible public event cases litigated in front of a jury to an individual’s car accident injury claim negotiated with an insurance company outside of court.
If you are deciding on an Austin personal injury lawyer, keep in mind there are many different kinds of personal injury and accident law firms. Some firms limit their clients to high-profile cases that not only have the potential to earn compensation for the victim and the firm, but also can be counted on to provide publicity for the firm.
That’s not how Jason McMinn nor Justin McMinn evaluate and choose client cases. Instead, we want to help injury and accident victims. We choose cases for which McMinn Law Firm can best use our expertise to try to win fair compensation for victims and their families.
Selected McMinn Law Firm Accident and Injury Case Results
- Settlement awarded to Austin Motorcycle Accident Victim Local Austin man suffered broken bones and other injuries and losses in catastrophic motorcycle collision.
- Settlement for Austin Woman Injured When Family Hit By Drunk Driver An Austin woman and her two children were hit when a drunk driver crashed into the client’s car. McMinn Law Firm negotiated a settlement for the serious back injury suffered by the mom.
- Negotiated settlements for two passengers suffering serious back and shoulder injuries when their vehicle crashed.
- Negotiated a settlement for a teen who suffered a serious collarbone injury in a wreck in which the car flipped.
- An Austin woman suffered a back injury when her vehicle was rear ended off mopac in end-of-day traffic. Negotiated settlement for her.
- Maximum Policy Limits Settlement for Austin Man Seriously Hurt in Car Crash.
- Negotiated a settlement for a local Austin business owner suffering serious injuries requiring surgery from a car accident.
- Negotiated a settlement for an Austin woman who suffered a serious back injury requiring surgery when she was in a T-bone motor vehicle accident.
- Negotiated a settlement for an Austin man who seriously injured his foot in a car wreck.
- Negotiated settlement for an Austin woman suffering serious facial injuries requiring surgery when she was a victim in a bike v motor vehicle accident.
- Maximum Policy Limits Settlement for Bicycle Accident Victim. Negotiated a maximum policy limits amount settlement for an Austin woman hit while riding a bicycle.
- Negotiated a maximum policy limits settlement for a young boy suffering serious injury requiring multi-day hospital in-patient treatment.
- After a motor vehicle accident left her with serious injuries requiring a lengthy hospital stay, an Austin woman recovered a policy-limits settlement from work performed on her behalf by McMinn Law Firm.
- Negotiated a settlement for an Austin restaurant server who suffered a broken foot when she was hit while riding a bike.
- McMinn negotiated two settlements resulting in $69,000 paid to an Austin woman whose vehicle was rear-ended in a five-car pile-up on I-35. Her serious injuries required two surgeries. Total amount recovered was $110,000.
- Train Wreck Victim Receives Settlement. A Kyle man received a cash award when McMinn negotiated two settlements on his behalf. He was a passenger in a car that was hit by a train.
- Settlement for Victim of Accident Caused By Drunk And Texting Driver. An on-duty Central Texas municipal police officer suffered serious injuries requiring surgery when he was hit by a drunk and texting driver. McMinn lawyers negotiated a total award of $100,000 with $65,000 paid to our injured client.
- An Austin woman suffering permanent spinal damage from a severe collision received a cash settlement negotiated for her by McMinn personal injury lawyers.
- An Austin man sought representation after sustaining severe injuries in a collision that also totaled his car. We negotiated a settlement for him that provided money needed for medical expenses including spinal surgery.
- A San Antonio woman who was injured critically in a motor vehicle collision and needed surgery received $74,750 as a result of McMinn negotiations on her behalf.
- A North Austin woman was at a shopping center when she was hit by a drunk driver and injured. McMinn accident lawyers negotiated a settlement on her behalf.
- Policy-Limits Settlement For Woman Suffering Broken Hip in Parking Lot Car v Pedestrian Accident. An Amarillo woman was walking in a parking lot when she was hit and suffered a broken hip. McMinn lawyers achieved a policy-limits settlement for her.
- After spinal surgery made necessary by a severe vehicle collision, McMinn negotiated negotiated a policy-limits settlement for an Austin woman.
- An Austin man suffered multiple, serious injuries when he was hit by a drunk driver. The injured man received $65,000 as a result of McMinn Law Firm’s representation which led to an $100,000 award.
- The firm negotiated for and won settlement funds for injuries and losses of a local Austin mother and young child who were rear-ended by a commercial vehicle.
- An Austin man was pulling on to I35 when his vehicle flipped after colliding with an intoxicated driver’s vehicle stopped in the middle of the highway. Our client suffered back and neck injuries for which we negotiated a significant settlement to help compensate for the losses caused by the accident.
- An Austin woman who works as a public servant suffered injuries in a car accident that was not her fault; McMinn Law Firm represented the crash victim and she received settlement funds.
- Negotiated Settlement for Austin Woman Hit by Uninsured Driver. An Austin woman who suffered a back injury when hit by an uninsured driver received a settlement negotiated by the Firm.
- Negotiated settlement for a San Antonio woman hit from behind, causing a multiple-car accident and significant injury.
- Negotiated settlement for a Taylor woman suffering personal injury damages when another driver struck her while attempting to change lanes.
- A North Austin resident suffering serious personal injuries when her vehicle was hit in a high-impact collision while stopped at a stop sign. McMinn Law Firm negotiated a settlement for the client.
- Settlement for Man Who Choked at Austin Restaurant After choking on a sharp object in a dish served to him at an Austin restaurant, An Austin man suffered cuts and other injuries. McMinn Law Firm helped the victim recover damages for this incident.
- South Austin DWI collision leaves limo bus driver with multiple injuries and subsequent surgery. McMinn Law Firm acquired the client from another attorney, and negotiated a $7,000 offer to a $104,750 recovery for the auto accident victim.
- Austin Woman Suffers Infection from Laceration During Manicure, Recovers $91,000 A local woman suffered serious injury when a routine manicure led to a bone infection. The victim’s finger was lacerated during the spa service, which later required surgery to treat the infection. With relentless persistence, McMinn Law Firm was able to recover $91,000 for our client.
- $65,000 Settled for Dog Bite Victim Morgan’s Point Resort: woman was attacked by a dog and sustained multiple injuries, including surgery and a crushed thumb bone.
- Austin-area Man’s Hand Severely Injured in Car Accident; Receives $46,500 During a car crash, an Austin-area high-tech employee suffered severe injuries to his hand. It was fractured and required multiple surgeries. Through two lawsuits McMinn personal injury lawyers won awards resulting in $46,500 for the victim.
- Municipal Worker in Austin Receives $120,000 After Collision Caused By Semi-Truck DriverCity of Austin Water employee was hit on the job by an 18-wheeler driver who ran a red light. Sustained permanent and life-altering injuries and suffered economic harm. Through McMinn Law Firm’s advocacy, the victim received $120,000 as recovery for the permanent, life-altering injuries and economic harm caused by the collision.
- $32,500 Award to an Austin Man Hit While Riding His BicycleIn a bicycle / car accident, an Austin man riding his bike and the vehicle collided in an intersection. The McMinn Law Firm was able to reach a settlement that provided $32,500 to the victim.
- $185,000 Personal Injury Settlement in Bus / Car Accident Case An Austin man’s vehicle was rear-ended by a bus in an accident that seriously injured the victim. The crash also broke most of the equipment owned and used by the victim to make a living. The McMinn Law Firm was able to recover 185,000 with $111,000 paid to the victim.
- $250,000 Personal Injury Settlement in Car Accident Case The McMinn team settled a car accident case for a North Austin woman who was disfigured when a services truck struck her car after not yielding the right of way out of a private drive. The truck’s operator was a repeat traffic offender and was unlicensed by the State of Texas. The victim suffered permanent and life-altering injuries as a result of the impact. The truck operator and the company contracting him were found negligent in the case, yielding $150,000 for the victim.
- $341,250 Recovered for an Austin Man Suffering a Back Injury; Car Crash Case Involving an Intoxicated Driver The McMinn Law Firm is proud to announce the recovery of $341,250 for their clients as compensation for injuries sustained in a car crash involving an allegedly intoxicated driver, according to the claim. You can read more about the case as well as the verdict reached here.
- $107,250 Recovered for an Austin Man Suffering a Back Injury; Social Host Liability Case We are proud to announce the settlement of a case for $107,250 involving a car crash where the driver allegedly was an intoxicated minor, according to the claim. You can read more about the case here.
- $250,000 Settlement in Brain Injury Case Represented a six-year-old Austin girl who sustained a brain injury at a local Austin business. Prior to trial, the local business agreed to settle the case for $250,000 with a client recovery of $125,000.
- $165,000 Settlement in Car Accident Case Represented a Buda family involved in a head-on automobile collision. The husband and wife received spinal injuries from the impact of the collision. Prior to trial, the at-fault driver’s insurance company agreed to settle the case for $165,000 with a client recovery of $82,000.
- $100,000 Settlement in Bicycle Accident Case Represented an Austin man hit by a car that jumped the curb and struck him while he was riding his bicycle. After suit was filed, the insurance company agreed to pay $100,000 with a client recovery of $50,000 for the Austin man’s spinal injuries.
Questions about yours or a family member’s injury or case? Please contact our office at (512) 477-0222, email@example.com, or use the form on the Contact Us page.