Attorney Bio: Experience and Honors
Justin McMinn, a partner at McMinn Law Firm, is an Austin personal injury attorney representing victims of serious injuries and accidents seeking the compensation they deserve.
Some areas of practice include:
- Austin Car Accident
- Truck Accident
- Wrongful Death
- Bike / Motorcycle Accident
- Work Injury
- Spine / Back Injury Cases
- Premises Liability
Justin McMinn | Award Winning Personal Injury Trial Lawyer
Justin has a strong passion for seeking justice for people whose health, lives, families, and ability to earn a living have been jeopardized as a result of an accident or injury through no fault of their own. Since joining the McMinn Law Firm, Justin has helped countless people get back on their feet after serious accidents.
Justin McMinn added to “Top 10” Trucking Trial Lawyer in Texas 2019 List
Trucking Trial Lawyersis an invitation-only professional organization that recognizes the top personal injury lawyers from each state.
American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys Top 10 in Texas
Justin McMinn received the honor of being named Top 10 in Texas by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys. This recognition requires a 10/10 client satisfaction rating.
2013-2019 Justin McMinn Rising Star of TX, Super Lawyers
Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters Service, evaluates attorneys nominated by their peers for inclusion on the Rising Stars lists. Some criteria include success in verdicts and settlements, position within law firm, honors and awards, and experience within their field. View Justin’s profile.
Justin McMinn Earns Highest Avvo Ratings 2016+
10.0 Superb | Top Contributor
Avvo.com, a national lawyer ratings & reviews service with directories and advice for people seeking legal info and help, has recognized Justin McMinn’s experience, contribution, and client satisfaction in awarding him the highest rating possible: 10.0 – Superb. Avvo also recognized Justin as a “Top Contributor for 2015.” About Avvo Ratings:
The Avvo Rating is our effort to evaluate a lawyer’s background based on the information available in an attorney’s Avvo profile. We create the rating using a model that considers information the lawyer has included on their profile in addition to information we collect from public sources like state bar associations and lawyer websites.
Some of Justin’s additional awards and accomplishments are:
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 for 2017, 2018, 2019 | Justin McMinn
Justin McMinn has been invited to join the Top 100 Trial Lawyers for his work in Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyer. Membership is extended only to a select group of the most qualified attorneys.
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 for 2017, 2018
This National Trial Lawyers select list takes note of up and coming trial lawyers who have shown exceptional skill and success in courtrooms at a particularly young age. Membership is extended only to the most qualified attorneys in each state. Members have superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as young lawyers in Texas.
- 2017-2018 Top 10 Under 40 in South Texas by The National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys (NAOPIA), an organization devoted to recognizing the top Personal Injury attorneys in the nation. From the NAOPIA description of this award: “The very few attorneys (less than 1%) that are good enough to make our list have demonstrated an extraordinary amount of knowledge, skill, experience, expertise and success in their practice of Personal Injury.” More at www.naopia.com.
Select cases settled by Justin McMinn
Justin McMinn’s client centered law practice has given him the tools to represent clients with their best interests at mind – recovering a settlement. With comprehensive, open communication with clients, Justin has worked to make sure clients get what they need every time.
- $1.3M Settlement for Passenger in Drunk Driving, Speeding Crash. The passenger of a drunk, speeding driver suffered severe injuries when the vehicle struck a barrier. He suffered severe injuries after being trapped in a burning vehicle as the driver attempted to flee the scene. Attorney’s fees in this case: $433,333. Expenses: $2,716.06 | Net to Client: $863,950.61
- $2.95M in Overturned School Bus Case. A client was severely injured when an allegedly distracted driver rear ended the bus, causing it to roll over. The client of McMinn Law Firm had to spend 10 days in the ER during recovery. Attorneys fees: $1,198092.00 | Expenses: $19,718.06 | Net to client: $1,751,908.00
Read more about these cases and other cases elsewhere on www.mcminnlaw.com.
To view more case examples settled by Justin, visit the jury verdicts and settlements page.
- Principles of Insurance Contracts
- Texas Motorcycle Law Lane Splitting
- Pregnancy During a Personal Injury Accident
- Defining Negligence in a Personal Injury Case
Clients with Justin McMinn receive the full attention from an experienced personal injury and car accident attorney. Justin works hard to keep a strong track record of success. Clients come first at McMinn Law Firm. This client review from Google Reviews wrote about her experience working with Justin. Justin McMinn gave her confidence in her decision to hire them as representation.
“Justin, Jason, and their amazing staff calmed my skepticism within the first few weeks. They are VERY good at communicating the details – VERY responsive – VERY professional – VERY supportive, and VERY patient. So, the entire experience has been pleasant and I would/will definitely & highly recommend their service!
Fast forward to the settlement and OH MY GOODNESS!! Let me just say that it FAR exceeded what I had imagined, and I am absolutely impressed.”
– Mary C | Google Review
A client of McMinn Law Firm was injured in a car accident. After Justin McMinn settled the case, he wrote about his experience on Google Reviews.
I couldn’t have asked for a better outcome, and maybe as importantly, the service along the way was something you would want as a client, their entire team was amazing! I can with great confidence recommend them to friends, family, and to anyone who happens to read this.
– Charles | Google Review
More about Justin McMinn:
Justin was born and raised in Central Texas where he attended high school. Justin McMinn attended the University of Texas and earned a Bachelor’s degree in government. Justin then went on to earn his law degree from Texas Tech University School of Law.
While attending Texas Tech, Justin worked for a law firm which specialized in personal injury litigation. There, Justin developed his passion for helping people seriously injured in accidents. Justin helped prepare hundreds of personal injury claims for litigation.
After graduating, Justin accepted a position with the McMinn Law Firm, which was founded by his older brother, Jason B. McMinn, where Justin is now a partner. View Justin McMinn’s profile on www.texasbar.com.
When he is not at the office, Justin likes to spend his free time with his family and being outdoors. He and his wife, Kendall, are members of Lake Hills Church in Austin, Texas with their son. Kendall is an accomplished musician who plays often at the Saxon Pub with her band Love and Chaos.
Justin is a member of the Texas Young Lawyers Association, State Bar of Texas and the Texas Trial Lawyers Association. Justin is an alumnus of the Texas Kappa Alpha Order and a member of the Silver Spurs Alumni Association.