James “Jimmy” Feigen joined McMinn Law Firm in October 2020 as an Austin injury attorney.
Jimmy is well known for his accomplishments before graduating law school. He won 11 Olympic Medals with Team U.S.A.
Some areas of practice include:
- Austin Car Accident Injury Cases
- Commercial Truck Accident Cases
- Spine / Back Injury Cases
- Dram Shop / Premises Liability Cases
- Wrongful Death Cases
Jimmy passionately advocates for the rights of people facing personal injury. He has demonstrated an incredible track record of persevering through challenges. He employs this drive for excellence when advocating for clients. He believes it’s his duty to fight for what’s right – advocating to help clients to be made whole after a personal injury accident.
He is licensed to practice law in the state of Texas , and works out of the central Austin office of McMinn Law Firm.
Attorney Jimmy Feigen Settles Personal Injury Cases for $600k
Two clients of McMinn Law Firm were injured when a rideshare driver rear-ended their vehicle while stopped at a complete stop. Both received medical treatment, including surgery, to manage pain and injury as a result of the crash. Two cases the couple were involved were settled for a combined total of $600,000.00.
Car Accident Personal Injury Results:
- Client 1: Settlement amount $352,500.00 | Miscellaneous Expenses: $442.17 | Lawyer Fees: $117,499.99
- Client 2: Total Settlement: $252,500.00 | Miscellaneous Expenses: $460.12.00 | Lawyer Fees: $84,166.66
After a successful swimming career, Jimmy pursued legal studies and work related to law and justice. Through his experience, he has gained a significant knowledge and legal expertise, working in the court system and studying under some of the most respected legal minds in the state of Texas.
Summer Litigation Associate – Jackson Walker
In 2018 Jimmy Feigen worked as a summer litigation associate for Jackson Walker. There he focused legal experience on commercial business law.
Intern – Texas Supreme Court
Jimmy Feigen had the opportunity to serve as an intern for the Honorable Justice Green.
Justice Paul W. Green retired recently in July 2020. At the time of his retirement, his work was celebrated by Chief Justice Nathan L. Hecht for providing “steady, insightful and wise counsel to his colleagues and to the judiciary.”(1)
Summer Litigation Associate – Hunton Andrews Kurth
At a commercial law firm, Jimmy provided legal assistance as a researcher for Hunton Andrews Kurth Law Firm. There he researched and analyzed law and presented findings to supervising attorneys. In addition, he assisted in amendments to commercial leases, drafted contracts and motions.
Legal Assistant – The Hull Firm
As a law clerk and assistant for the Hull Firm in Austin, TX Jimmy analyzed evidence to support arguments for hearings and plea negotiations with prosecutors.
- The University of Texas School of Law – Austin TX. Juris Doctor: May, 2020. GPA 3.48
- St. Mary’s University School of Law – San Antonio, TX. Candidate for Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2017-2018. Inaugural recipient of Sport Law Fellowship Scholarship.
- The University of Texas at Austin – Austin, TX. Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology. Graduated 2014
Jimmy Feigen attended the University of Texas School of Law. Jimmy completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Texas.
Jimmy graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a bachelor of science in kinesiology. During his time at the University of Texas, he represented the University of Texas at Austin as an exemplary student-athlete.
Notable accomplishments as a member of Texas Athletics:
- Divison I Swimming: 24-Time NCAA Athletic All-American (most in Texas history) 2008-2012
- NCAA Academic All-American 2010
- Won 3 events at NAA Championships in 2012
- Member of the 2010 National Championship Swim Team
Jimmy Feigen had the opportunity to represent the United States as a member of Team USA from 2012 to 2016.
- Won eleven international medals for Team USA
- Earned Olympic gold medal in 2016
- Earned Olympic silver medal in 2012
Before entering the practice of law, James “Jimmy” Feigen toured with swimming organizations such as Mutual of Omaha and Fitter, Faster, Stronger presenting motivational speeches to audiences across the nation. There he developed a talent for public speaking, engaging with audience members of all ages, and teaching the power of perseverance in the face of adversity.
- Federewski, Adam. Texas Supreme Court Justice Paul W. Green announces retirement July 21, 2020. Access the article here.