At McMinn Law Firm, we use their experience to fight the right to a personal injury recovery. Our Austin car accident attorneys help those facing injuries by negotiating with insurance adjusters and representing in court. Jason, Justin, and Heather work daily to defend the rights of clients facing medical bills and an uncertain future.
Unfortunately thousands of car accidents happen every year in the Austin area. Car design is much safer than it used to be. Features like lane-departure warning systems and backup cameras come standard in some vehicles like safety belts and airbags. Organizations dedicated to traffic safety focus on encouraging safe driving decisions as well as road design. Research from TTI shows that as cars get safer, distracted and inexperienced drivers could be responsible for a an increase in serious crashes.
Even when riders take precautions to get a safe ride, dangers from negligent drivers remain. Jason McMinn spoke with KXAN News about a client injured at the hands of a drunk, distracted Uber driver. Read on to find out more about options clients have when faced with serious car accident injury.
Keep reading here for information about how a lawyer will help after a serious car accident in Texas. Be confident about your decision whether or not to hire a lawyer.
Austin Car Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one was in a car accident that was someone else’s fault, you may be looking for answers.
- How much is my car accident case worth? How is pain and suffering calculated?
- What are common injuries and where should I treat them?
- Should I hire a personal injury lawyer to settle my case, how much will it cost, and how do I choose one?
Our compassionate attorneys work to understand the individual needs of each client. We are determined and aggressive when negotiating with the insurance companies, and if need be, we are prepared to take your case to court. Call us at 512-474-0222 or fill out an eval form for a free consultation today.
7 Reasons to Have a Car Accident Lawyer on Your Side After a Crash
- We’re your advocate every step of the way. We’ll always be on your side.
- All consultations are completely free.
- Your complete recovery is our number one goal.
- We take the stress out of working with the insurance company so you can focus on recovery.
- We work on a contingency fee basis – that means we pay all upfront costs. We don’t get paid until you do.
- Our staff is incredibly thorough and committed to our clients
- In almost every case, lawyers secure larger settlements than when individuals go it alone.
Jason McMinn spoke with KXAN reporters Wednesday May 22nd about a lawsuit filed against an Uber driver. When speaking with reporters, Jason spoke of the need for Uber to train drivers in safe practices. Clients of McMinn Law Firm were severely injured when a drunk, distracted driver picked them up during Formula 1 weekend.
When Austinites get into the vehicle of a rideshare driver, they expect a safe, sober driver to be behind the wheel. Cases like the one filed by McMinn Law Firm help protect our community by sending a message to Uber that our community won’t tolerate businesses that fail to provide a safe service. The lack of monitoring done on drivers’ ability to drive safely could put us all at risk. We hope this lawsuit can help prevent future crashes caused by distracted rideshare drivers.
The dangerous trip started when Matthew and Elizabeth Harris called an Uber ride from Red Roof Inn on I-35. Immediately after getting into the car, the couple noticed that the woman smelled of alcohol. The driver ran over a pothole, and they believe she attempted to report the pothole while still operating the vehicle.
While pulling out of the parking lot of Red Roof Inn, the driver’s vehicle was rear-ended on the I-35 frontage road.
Since then, Elizabeth Harris hasn’t been able to return to her work as an EMT. Unable to care for her family or live her full life, we believe this lawsuit is just one step to make Ms. Harris’ life whole again.
Answers to Your Car Accident Case Questions from McMinn Attorneys
These are some of the most common questions we get from clients that reach out to us. If you’re wondering whether you have a case, where to seek medical treatment, and how much your case is worth, you’ve come to the right place. The best way to get a straightforward answer is to reach out to local personal injury attorneys.
Auto Accident Law: Get the Facts
- What is personal injury law? Personal injury law is an area of law that provides compensation for victims of physical injury or emotional distress. In personal injury law, the harm is caused to the victim by another’s negligence.In one word, negligence can be described as carelessness. Proving negligence is an important part of tort law. If you are interested in learning more, visit our resource on negligence, gross negligence, and tort law.
- How much is my car accident case worth? The amount of an auto accident case depends on many factors. Those can include the severity of the injuries, the degree of negligence by the other party, and damage caps in Texas. A severe injury including permanent disability or whiplash that leaves a person needing spinal surgery has a larger case value than an accident with minor injuries. No two cases are the same. The best way to find out more about the value of your car accident case is to reach out to local legal counsel in Austin.
- You may choose to visit your family practice doctor first who may refer you to a specialist. It is always important to seek treatment for injuries as soon as possible after a crash for the best chance at a full recovery. You may choose to ask your personal injury attorney if they know of a doctor other clients have used.
- How do I find the best auto accident lawyers? How do you know if you can really trust the attorney you’ve contacted for a consultation? Looking at client reviews and checking for disciplinary actions from the State Bar of Texas are two ways you can begin your search. We have more suggestions here on how you can find the best car accident lawyers for your case.
- Check to see if the car accident lawyer of your choice has positive reviews and an A+ rating on Better Business Bureau. McMinn law Firm is an accredited business with BBB with an A+ rating. Customer reviews are not used in the BBB assessment of ratings, and are an additional reliable way to measure a company’s integrity.
Don't hesitate to contact these folks because they do care about you and your rights.Read more...
If you were injured with a mound of medical bills and have no idea where to start, you need to give these guys a call, seriously, just do itRead more...
This are the lawyers that anyone can trust they always done a great job.Read more...
Justin McMinn took care of absolutely everything, and really put my mind at ease throughout the whole process.Read more...
They have been there from the very beginning and have answered any/all of my questions. I was treated with so much care and respect.Read more...
Hands down have to say they truly are a blessing and a they truly genuinely cared about meRead more...
I was very satisfied with the assistance I gotRead more...
I am happy with the outcome and highly recommend both Jason and Justin.Read more...
They have been patient and understanding the entire time and fought to get me what I am owed.Read more...
They really made things easier for me.Read more...
How Vehicle Collision Attorneys Help After Crash
Knowing what to do immediately following a crash isn’t always obvious.
I was in a car accident, now what?
If you have ever been in a car accident, you know there’s nothing convenient about it. Besides the pain you’re in, you have no way to get around and you’re not sure what to do next. It’s normal to wonder whether or not you should talk to the insurance adjuster, or if you did the right thing at the scene of the accident.
Reading this post will help you understand what to do after a car accident. Accidents happen, even to careful drivers. Unfortunately defensive driving sometimes isn’t enough.
Remember: keep calm. Take a big breath and move through these tips to prepare yourself to handle the stressful aftermath of a crash.
Assess the impact of the crash
After a car accident, seek medical attention immediately and enlist help to take care of business. Call 911 or 311 for emergency assistance. If you aren’t sure of the severity of injuries, go see your primary care provider or make an appointment at an urgent care clinic. A doctor will be able to help you determine if future care is necessary.
Automobile Accident Reports
Without an official police report of the car accident, the other party may attempt to deny fault. Read a first-hand experience of a McMinn Law Firm team member’s decision to call the police for a report. In her story, even in a minor crash it is best to call 311 for help.
Last year when I was in an accident that was clearly at the fault of the other driver. There were no injuries, but I called to report the accident with the police anyway. The officer cited the other driver for failure to yield to right of way. But what followed was a typical no-admittance policy from the other insurance company. I waited for three weeks to get a rental car. Even though the other driver had been issued a ticket, I had to wait for the city to send an official record of the crash before the other insurance company would accept fault for the crash. I was so glad that I had an official police report to fall back on as evidence. Without it, I would have been stuck paying the deductible and having it repaired through my own insurance.
Document the crash
Any documentation will help in a claims process and settling your case.
In Texas, the key information to share includes:
- Name, address and contact details
- Driver license number
- License plate number of the vehicles involved
- Auto insurance information for the motorists involved
Although the driver is not legally required to show you their driver’s license, they may be able to dispute involvement in the car accident later on. If you encounter a motorist who refuses to provide any of this information, you may want to call the police or take a photo of the individual.
Read over McMinn Law Firm’s checklist on documenting your case the smart way. Be prepared so you don’t panic when a crash happens.
See if your car insurance company offers a smartphone app to help document cases. Otherwise you may check out WreckCheck, a free app by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, where you can document your case.
McMinn Law Firm: Your Local Car Accident Lawyers
Jason McMinn and Justin McMinn are trusted, award winning car crash lawyers in Austin, Texas. As principle attorneys at McMinn Law Firm, Jason and Justin have successfully settled a wide range of auto crash cases. See some examples of case settlements here.
If you have a case that doesn’t match any of the descriptions on this page, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We are happy to help you with a free case consultation.
The Mcminn Law Firm has been handling my case since May 2014. I was hit by a driver who ran a red light and injured my back pretty badly. Today we settled with a notoriously horrible insurance company and Jason Mcminn got me the settlement I deserved after all of this headache. Their staff is incredibly thorough and they are committed to their clients. I would recommend them to anyone for personal injury! Best Lawfirm in Austin!
– Selenia | Reviewed McMinn Law Firm
See what clients are saying about the McMinn Law Firm car accident attorneys on our reviews page.