If you or a loved one is dealing with the implications of an injury after a truck or car accident, assault, dog bite, or other serious incident, you may have decided you’d like to talk to a lawyer. But how do you find a lawyer that will be able to help you secure maximum fair compensation for your injuries?
Maybe you’ve never had to find a lawyer before. Maybe you have worked with a lawyer before but not on a personal injury matter.
Many people find themselves in situations where their usual lawyer doesn’t suffice, because they specialize in a different area of expertise. Specialization, experience, and where your attorney is located are all things to consider when hiring a personal injury attorney.
Hiring a great lawyer will save you time, money and stress. Signing on with a not-so-great lawyer may have you worrying about your case, bills, and future. Read this advice on how to evaluate an attorney before signing on.
Starting Your Search for a Personal Injury Lawyer
When it comes to finding a lawyer suited to your needs, there are a couple ways to begin your search. If you don’t know anyone that can give you a personal recommendation, there are a few websites that specialize in providing information on lawyers of all specialty areas.
Tips for finding your perfect lawyer
- Read Online Reviews: Checking out Google reviews and reviews on other websites is the quickest way to get a sense of which accident / injury lawyers in Austin might be a good fit with your case.
- Ask Around: Chances are a friend or coworker has needed to hire a lawyer before. They can probably give you great advice and at least let you know if they’ve had pleasant or unpleasant experiences with certain law firms and lawyers. This will help you weed out the good from the bad.
- Ask a Lawyer: Did you get a divorce from a lawyer that specializes in divorces, and now you need a personal injury lawyer? Lawyers tend to know other lawyers, and could definitely help you find someone that could help you with your specific needs. They probably know of cases similar to yours, and can recommend someone for you.
- Legal Referral Websites: Websites such as Avvo and Justia are great sources for finding the perfect lawyer for you located in your area. They are easy to navigate, and give you access to a lot of helpful information.
- Meet with a Lawyer: Most lawyers offer a free consultation and many sites have people ready to chat live with you about your issue or questions you may have. It helps to talk to a couple people and see who is best suited to handle your case.
Understanding Online Ratings
Although Google reviews are easy to navigate, other online law reviews are written a little differently. You can find McMinn Law Firm on many website listing sites, such as a local advertising network. Here are our ratings on other popular law sites, and a little information on understanding these ratings.
How Lawyer Ratings Work on Avvo
This site shows two ratings for lawyers, client ratings and the Avvo rating.
- Client ratings are a self-explanatory, client based review and are shown through a rating of stars between 0 and 5. Client ratings also show reviews and testimonials, so you can read why these clients gave the ratings that they did.
- Avvo has a formulaic rating system specific to the website. Initially it can seem ambiguous, how did a website form a rating of it’s own? Their analysis is based on public data available about the lawyer in question and how complete the lawyers profile is on Avvo.
The Avvo Rating is our effort to evaluate a lawyer’s background based on the information available in an attorney’s Avvo profile. We create the rating using a model that considers information the lawyer has included on their profile in addition to information we collect from public sources like state bar associations and lawyer websites.
How Did McMinn Law Firm Stack Up on Avvo?
- Justin McMinn: 5 stars and 10 client reviews, and 10/10 avvo rating
- Jason McMinn: 8.8/10 Avvo rating
Justia: A Lawyer Research Website
Justia is a legal resource page for many different areas of law practice. The company provides users with free case law, codes, regulations, legal articles and legal blog databases, as well as additional community resources. It does not offer client generated ratings like Avvo does, but it does grade lawyers with badges specific to Justia’s criteria. Under a lawyer’s profile, Justia assigns badges to help clients find a lawyer best suited for them in their search of a personal injury attorney.
Q&A: How much will my case cost?
Q&A: Do I really need a lawyer? Can't I just represent myself?
Why Choose McMinn Law Firm
McMinn is one of the top personal injury and accident law firms in Austin and Central Texas. Because of the passion McMinn Law Firm has for helping its clients, they treat them like family and give them the best service imaginable. They have represented numerous different types of cases that involve the following:
- Brain Injury
- Dog Bites
- Wrongful Deaths
- Boat Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
McMinn is an award winning law firm that has been given awards from the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 and SuperLawyers.
Best of Best Award by Austin American Statesman
Austin spoke! The city of Austin and readers of Austin American Statesman voted for "Top Lawyers in Austin" naming McMinn Law Firm among the finalists. McMinn Law Firm stands among top law firms in Austin for exemplary client satisfaction in personal injury, among other areas of law. Austin's 2019 Best of the Best awards officially designated McMinn Law firm among the Top Three Law Firms in Austin of 2019. Read on Austin American Statesman to see the "Best of the Best" businesses in Austin 2019.
Best Car Accident Attorneys in Austin by Expertise
Expertise aims to connect people with the best local experts. With a rigorous ranking system of more than 25 variables across five categories, their team analyzed the top results to provide consumers with a hand-picked list. For car accident lawyers in Austin, McMinn Law Firm was named one of the top 18 law firms in a study that reviewed 202 firms.
Better Business Bureau
Better Business Bureau (BBB) helps consumers make smarter decisions. Businesses are evaluated based on the BBB Standards for Trust, a comprehensive set of best practices for how businesses should treat the public in a fair and honest manner. BBB's vision is to create an ethical marketplace where buyers and sellers trust each other. View the McMinn Law Firm BBB profile. McMinn Law Firm has been designated with an A+ rating by the Central Texas BBB.
Across the Board Client Satisfaction
If those details don’t speak for McMinn, perhaps some of their clients will. 47 clients have written reviews on google for McMinn, adding up to a 4.7/5 star rating. Here are some of the most recent testimonials written by McMinn clients:
First off I have a lot of positive things to say about this firm! They not only recovered 7,000.00 from an injury I had obtained. Justin not only treated me with the utmost respect but also got the hospital to waive all they fees I had received! Overall a great experience (given the situation) and my case was settled in a very timely manner. I expected the outcome to be good but never imagined amazing. I would definitely recommend and will personally be using Justin and his team to handle any case of mine in the future!
“The McMinn Law firm has been handling my case since May 2014. I was hit by a driver who ran a red light and injured my back pretty badly. Today we settled with a notoriously horrible insurance company and Jason McMinn got me the settlement I deserved after all of this headache. Their staff is incredibly thorough and they are committed to their clients. I would recommend them to anyone for personal injury! Best Law firm in Austin!”
The McMinn brothers are caring, relentless, and comprehensive lawyers specializing in personal injury and accident law. The McMinn brothers would be happy to look at your case for no cost, and will be sure to make you feel right at home. Call 512-474-0222, use the live chat on our website, fill out the form on this page, or email email@example.com.
I couldn't have asked for a better outcome.Read more...
I was impressed by their swift, efficient, transparent work on my behalfRead more...
I received a visit to my house for personal consultation (on a Saturday).Read more...
When I met with Justin McMinn I knew that I had found the best lawyer in Austin!Read more...
I highly recommend them if you want a thorough lawyer who will fight for you all the way till the end.Read more...
They took care of her, and they got us back on our feet following what could have been a very traumatic event.Read more...
Don't hesitate to contact these folks because they do care about you and your rights.Read more...
Justin and his team were on top of my case from the moment I hired them.Read more...
Great to work with.Read more...
Very professional.Read more...